There are so many great sites around for teachers to use! Take some time and check out the following:
Here is a site sent to me by a teacher and her student in Delaware!!! It has some great links for all subject areas! If you find a link you'd like me to add to your grade level-specific page, just shoot me and email and let me know.
A great new site with free printable resources for teachers and students:
Create awesome word clouds with any of the following sites!
Handwriting Without Tears
Khan Academy - "With a library of over 2,400 videos covering everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and 180 practice exercises, we're on a mission to help you learn what you want, when you want, at your own pace".
- Zunal.com - a great resource for already created webquests for all grades and subjects!
- Wikispaces - a good place to create your own webquest. See Teresa Crafton to get a wikispace and see me if you would like help getting it started!
Great sites for use with the Promethean board:
ReadWriteThink is a website from the International Reading Council and NCTE. It has fabulous resources including lesson plans, student interactives, calendar activities and things to print out! The student interactives would also be great for use on a Promethean.
PowerPoint presentations are fabulous to use in the classroom, whether it's presenting new information or reviewing what's already been taught. Here are several sites with ready made presentations and game templates that you can use to change to suit your own lessons.
With differentiated instruction comes the need for rubrics. The following are sites that you will find helpful. No sense re-creating the wheel!
Other great websites worth perusing:
- America's Story from the Library of Congress - meet amazing Americans, jump back in time, explore the states, join America at play, and see, hear, and sing!
- CustomGuide - free quick "cheat sheets" for all sorts of different software programs. Includes MAC!
- ePals - if you'd like to connect with other classrooms around the world for any type of project, this is the site for you!
- WritingFix - if you teach writing this is a great site! Look for the writing prompts on the left side. What a great way to differentiate! If you have a Promethen, many of these are interactive.
- Xpeditions: Atlas - part of National Geographic's Xpeditions website, the atlas allows you to print maps of the world, continents, countries, states, etc. with detail or without and with borders or without.
NEED HELP DOWNLOADING:
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.
Fort Worth Country Day